Saturday, March 25, 2006

A Tragedy Off Three Keys

I will take my sea voyage to the place that you and I both know;
It is on the far side of an island that we will find peace.
There the skies are tripping and the sand is lovely
Whose grains are seconds; a haze reminds me
Of your eyes reflecting on the grime
Like city puddles, my Celeste.
From "Nights" by Alencia Lysander


Well I have slim curves, and it excites me to slip you with my figures,
She thinks, and she is becoming by the side of the road,
Where the cars are coming and the city splits
And the buildings float across her dress. And
I will meet you, my dear, I am ready to say, am ready to grab her,
Because my hands are flexed and I feel my muscles tighten and I want
To tie a powerful knot, something that would keep the bulls in pens
When they stride a mile and there are the flames that come out of nostrils
And the earthquakes under hooves, for the mountains have their calf.

But she is on the other side of the road, and I will wait for her,
And she will carry spices and the rich
Will season their fruit and lick their lips while their pockets bulge
Becomingly, but still she will pass and her dress will flap
As the wind sails under the trees.

No comments: