Saturday, September 03, 2005

Lest the emptiness crowd me

Lest the emptiness crowd me and I be eaten, thoroughly eaten,
Engulfed by this hollow globe, gaping belly of caverns
In yawning steel, I will contend with force of arms against vain,
Meaningless air. Whether I say words, sweet one, intending to recall
Your face dipped in my honey like the moon behind his beams,
Her lord the sun's, earth's furnace gleaming through the darkness,
Unvanquished yet, or whether my limbs, throbbing and dancing
Of their own accord, assail the enemy and fill the insatiable absence
In spaces of whose void the crown is senseless sleep, I will be
Indomitable and savage, fight as if the corner were my lot,
Hopeless I, and consigned to a hardness of three points,
Be the gush of time bound to an infinite place.

No comments: